March 26th–June 26th
Invisible City is an online publication of the MFA in Writing Program at the University of San Francisco. Submit work that encourages us to see the world from new perspectives and different angles, ones that we may not have previously considered or imagined.
Currently, we accept poetry, creative nonfiction and fiction. Please check back in June for the opening of our visual art submissions.
- We only consider previously unpublished works. No exceptions. Thank you.
- We do not accept submissions via email or postal service. You can submit your work to us through Submittable. If you run into any technical difficulties in uploading your submission, please contact us at email@example.com.
- We do accept simultaneous submissions. However, we ask that you notify us as soon as possible if your work is accepted elsewhere.
- If you’re submitting prose, please limit your submission to one story or essay at a time. We will not consider any prose pieces over 4,000 words.
- If you’re submitting poetry, please submit to us no more than three poems. The best things come in threes: Olympic medals, wishes, Cerberus heads.
- We ask that if your work is accepted to please wait three reading cycles before submitting again. For example, if your work is accepted in the Spring 2020 cycle, you will be eligible for Spring 2022 submissions. This waiting period allows us to best honor our mission of giving space to new voices.
Invisible City is excited to announce a call for visual artwork. Invisible City makes the unseen seen through words and art. From unheard voices to imagined landscapes, what was once hidden is now visible.
Invisible City is dedicated to showcasing and promoting talented Artists from all over the world.
· All artists must be at least 18 or older to apply. All works must be of your ownership. We do not accept other artist's work.
· Painting, drawing, Collage, Street Art, Textile Art, digital art, Illustration, photography and mixed media are eligible.
· Please make sure your artwork is at a high resolution.
When submitting please title the Image: __TITLE OF PIECE__MEDIUM_
Selected visual artwork will be published alongside a literary arts piece.
We look forward to seeing your work!
Invisible City team
Please submit only one piece of fiction each cycle. We do not accept work previously published online or in print. We read stories up to 5,000 words. Simultaneous submissions are encouraged, but please let us know immediately if your work was accepted elsewhere.
Please submit up to three poems at a time, once each cycle. If more than three poems are submitted, additional poems will not be read. We do not accept work previously published online or in print. Simultaneous submissions are encouraged, but please let us know immediately if your work was accepted elsewhere.
Please submit completed nonfiction essays on any topic. We do not accept work previously published online or in print. We'll read any true story up to 4,000 words long. Simultaneous submissions are encouraged, but please let us know immediately if your work was accepted elsewhere. Please only submit once each cycle.